Novamed is the largest operator in the healthcare sector in Ivory Coast. The Group includes six medical clinics, one dental clinic and one laboratory, representing a total of 250 beds.
Novamed has a high growth potential, driven by increasing demand for high quality healthcare services from the middle class.
The Group’s strategy is focused on:
- Consolidation of the existing network in Ivory Coast,
- Launch and development of a new radiotherapy service,
- Regional expansion with the acquisition of medical facilities in neighboring countries.
Role and added value of Amethis
To date, Amethis has invested €17,6m in equity in the Company alongside its current managers. Through this transaction Amethis supported the management take-over of the Company from Saham Group, a leading Moroccan insurance company.
Together with the management, Amethis launched the first phase of planned investments with the refurbishing of two clinics.
Amethis will further support the Group’s development in the long run, especially in the following areas:
- Regional expansion and the acquisition of potential targets in Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon, Nigeria, etc.,
- Improvement of internal organization and structure of the Group,
- Establishment of a strong board and implementation of proper governance.